GOLDEN GATE FIRES 24 APRIL 2017
MANDATORY EVACUATION HAS BEEN SUSPENDED
Schools, Parks and Libraries are open as usual
The 30th Ave Fire is the one that started at 30th Ave SE @ Everglades Blvd on Thursday 20 April. It is the large fire that has been traveling West North West across the North Belle Meade area of Golden Gate Estates. It is considered to be approximately 7,000 acres and 50% contained.
BEWARE. The wind will be changing today and blowing out of the West ---> toward the East. If there is no rain, and the wind begins gusting - fire suppression tactics will have to adapt to a new fire direction.
Noon time today - will indicate how wind/fire conditions will reorganize and what direction.....
STAY ALERT !!! And watch for news updates ........
HOW TO HELP:
1. Stay out of the burn area. Stay off the roads. Give the area and the roads to the Suppression Crews.
2. St. Agnes Church @ 7775 Vanderbilt Beach road and Collier Blvd, NE corner, is taking water and food donations to supply the Suppression Crews, 239.592.1949
3. Greater Naples Fire Head Quarters at 14575 Collier Blvd is taking water and food donations to supply the Suppression Crews, 239.348.7540
4. The Red Cross at the Golden Gate Community Center 4701 Golden Gate Parkway is requesting food gift cards to the local grocery stores, 239.252.4180, Red Cross 239.596.6868
WHAT'S HOT ? - BCC WANTS TO APPROVE "COLLIER SPORTS PARK"
NEAR CITY GATE, I-75 @ COLLIER BLVD. BELIEVES THEY SHOULD DO
THIS BEFORE CONSTRUCTION OF BIG CORKSCREW ISLAND REGIONAL PARK
Charter School seeks to vacate ROW on 25th Ave NW......Click Tab
NEXT GGEACA MEETING: 17 May 2017, Wed, 7:00pm SPRING FLING !
Bring a dish. Meet your neighbors. Bring a Friend
Greater Naples Fire Station #71, 100 13th St. SW. Behind the Library on Golden Gate Blvd.
FYI - Extra Parking is available at the Library if the Fire Station is full.
PRESENTATIONS: 21 June 2017 meeting:
Commissioner Bill McDaniel: Affordable Housing issue and other Estates topics such as Wildfires...
GOLDEN GATE MASTER PLAN UPDATE - WORKSHOPS
Voice your opinion online -----
26 April 2017 - Golden Gate City Master Plan Workshop
6.30pm Golden Gate Community Center 4701 Golden Gate Parkway
NEXT BCC MEETING
Tue, 25 April 2017, 9pm,
BCC Chambers, 3rd Floor, Govt Center, 3299 Tamiami Tr E
RURAL ESTATES TRANSPORTATION PLANNING MEETING TBD....
Randall Blvd and Oil Well Rd Corridor Study
MEETING FLYERS - see below
********If Flyers are hard to read - right click on them and have them emailed to yourself.
GGEACA COMMUNITY PRIORTIES:
a) Golden Gate Blvd, 18th to Everglades
b) Safety bridges:
8th St. NE at Cypress Canal
16th St. NE at Cypress Canal
47th Ave NE at Golden Gate Main Canal
c) Safety Bridge on 10th Ave SE at
Faka Union Canal
d) Randall and Immokalee intersection
e) 4 lane construction of Randall Blvd
f) Ingress/egress to the Estates South
of White Blvd
g) Bridge to Frangipani on 8th St. SE
2. Big Corkscrew Island Regional Park
3. Economic Development/Jobs
4. Watershed Management Issues/Flooding
5. Wildfire prevention/ response measures
7. Bears and Panthers
8. Modify LDC in regards to Charter Schools