GOLDEN GATE FIRES 21 APRIL 2017
MANDATORY EVACUATION AREA
Closures and cancellations
- Students at Big Cypress Elementary School are
being transported to Oak Ridge Middle School at
12:30 p.m. where parents can pick them up
(photo ID required)
- After-school program at Big Cypress Elementary
- Max Hasse Park will close at 1 p.m.
until further notice
- The Golden Gate Estates Library will
close at 1 p.m. until further notice
A reception center opened at the Golden Gate Community Center at 4701 Golden Gate Parkway. This is not an overnight shelter.
The Collier County Bureau of Emergency Service also opened up a hotline. The phone numbers, 239-252-8444 or 311 for county residents, opened up Thursday evening at 6:30 until further notice.
Circle C Farm is allowing residents with livestock to place their animals temporarily on their land until they can return home. Please call the farm at 239-776-9054 if you need to relocate your livestock. They can handle cattle, pigs (not minis), sheep and goats. You will head to their Hendry County Farm (located on the other side of Immokalee). Please call ahead so they can prepare.
HOW TO HELP:
1. Stay out of the burn area. Stay off the roads. Give the area and the roads to the Suppression Crews.
2. St. Agnes Church @ 7775 Vanderbilt Beach road and Collier Blvd, NE corner, is taking water and food donations to supply the Suppression Crews, 239.592.1949
3. Greater Naples Fire Head Quarters at 14575 Collier Blvd is taking water and food donations to supply the Suppression Crews, 239.348.7540
4. The Red Cross at the Golden Gate Community Center 4701 Golden Gate Parkway is requesting food gift cards to the local grocery stores, 239.252.4180, Red Cross 239.596.6868
WHAT'S HOT ? - BCC WANTS TO APPROVE "COLLIER SPORTS PARK"
NEAR CITY GATE, I-75 @ COLLIER BLVD. BELIEVES THEY SHOULD DO
THIS BEFORE CONSTRUCTION OF BIG CORKSCREW ISLAND REGIONAL PARK
Charter School seeks to vacate ROW on 25th Ave NW......Click Tab
NEXT GGEACA MEETING: 17 May 2017, Wed, 7:00pm SPRING FLING !
Bring a dish. Meet your neighbors. Bring a Friend
Greater Naples Fire Station #71, 100 13th St. SW. Behind the Library on Golden Gate Blvd.
FYI - Extra Parking is available at the Library if the Fire Station is full.
PRESENTATIONS: 21 June 2017 meeting:
Commissioner Bill McDaniel: Affordable Housing issue and other Estates topics
GOLDEN GATE MASTER PLAN UPDATE - WORKSHOPS
Voice your opinion online -----
NEXT BCC MEETING
Tue, 25 April 2017, 9pm,
BCC Chambers, 3rd Floor, Govt Center, 3299 Tamiami Tr E
RURAL ESTATES TRANSPORTATION PLANNING MEETING
Randall Blvd and Oil Well Rd Corridor Study
MEETING FLYERS - see below
********If Flyers are hard to read - right click on them and have them emailed to yourself.